How to Get The Most Out of Your Air Conditioner This Summer
- Make it a habit to check your air filter once a month & change it on time or whenever it looks dirty.
- By improving air flow, you will notice better cooling and increase efficiency.
- Set a reminder on your phone or write it on your calendar.
- Your air conditioner needs to breath. Trim the bushes around your outdoor Air Conditioning Condenser.
- You want at least 2-3 feet of Clearance on each side and 8-10 feet above.
(3) Rattling, Buzzing, Hissing, Ice Forming?
- Listen for any odd noises while its running or trying to start up.
- Does it turn on and off too often? Short cycles will cause premature wear.
- Is there ice forming anywhere on your equipment or on the refrigerant lines?
- To avoid costly repairs, call your local NATE Certified HVAC technician with any questions or concerns if something seems wrong.
Did You Know
- Air Conditioners will loose about 10% of their efficiency each year without proper Cleaning, Maintenance and Tuning?
- Air conditioners work by removing humidity from your air, allowing the sweat to evaporate from your skin, making you feel cooler.
- Elevated humidity during the summer months will contribute to uncomfortable Indoor Air Quality, Mold, Uneven Temperatures and even increased insects.
- Monitor and maintain a relative humidity between 40% -50% in your home.
- Place a thermometer with an Relative Humidity (RH) meter on each level in your home.
- Whole-House Dehumidifiers provide reduced energy costs by reducing the run time required by your air conditioning system.
- Most Insects do not drink water, they absorb water through their skin/shell. By decreasing your humidity levels, the micro-organisms that small insects feed on will be reduced. As the small insects seek food elsewhere, the larger insects and spiders will no longer have a source of food. Over time, this chain reaction leads to a home free of pesky insects such as Spiders, Ants, Mosquitoes and the critters that rely on them as a food source.
"We Do Not Simply Fix Problems, We Provide Solutions"